Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Back to the Gypsy, That I Was……2015 Resolutions




I'm not a big fan of New Year's resolutions……however, this year it seemed highly appropriate that I write some down….because 2015 is going to be MY year…..taking some time to work on myself…..so here goes…….

1. more dance parties (especially solo ones)

2. no more "settling" on men just because I'm lonely

3. do more for others (this should actually be a daily thing…..for everyone….on the planet)

4. pick up on my self taught french lessons….does french kissing count?

5. stop beating myself up about my weight, its just a fickle number, much like age….

6. travel to as many lighthouses as possible….I have a thing for lighthouses….. I don't know

7. buy less but choose well

8. listen to more Zeppelin, Rolling Stones and The Beatles because let's face it….today's music is horrid

9. buy more fresh flowers….for myself….while singing "All the Single Ladies"…..maybe incorporating one of those solo dance parties….

10. laugh more, all day, every damn day….but to also cry whenever the hell I see fit

11. remember to constantly tell my son how amazingly sweet, intelligent, hilarious and loved he is

12.  be a better friend…..because my gang lifts me up and keeps me safe and sound….and calls me out when I'm being a trifling hoe, just kidding, but seriously

13. follow my own arrow wherever it points….but to repeatedly remind myself that my arrow needs to be pulled back before it can be shot forward…..

14. let the ocean wash away my fears and sins……..it always brings me back to life

15. stay wild and free…..and inappropriate….and be brave yet vulnerable…..life is too short to be a basic bitch………and she drops the mic

6 comments:

  1. 16. HANG OUT WITH MY FRIEND MOLLY BECAUSE SHE MISSES ME. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving number 8!! Rock on lady!

    xx
    http://www.thewhiskeywolf.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are great! I hope to 2015 is a fabulous year for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good take for this new year! I agree totally with today's music being horrid! My sons (15) do not listen to today's music but my music and their friends thought that they are weird ;) Happy New year.. may all you hope come true :)

    ReplyDelete